Friday, August 5, 2011

SCH Update

So far so good, I hope! I haven't really moved since Wednesday. I need to shower and shave, like bad. Oh well, I'll do whatever I have to do for the babies!

I have continued to spot, but it is no longer bright red. It is dark brown/sludgy and varies in amount. There seems to be a little bit more in the mornings, I guess because of the nasty Prometrium suppositories making their way out. During the course of the day, the flow decreases. I am excited to see anything but bright, oxygenated, thriving red blood. I am still feeling little twinges and cramps, but it kind of scares me now! Evil SCH. Get away from my babies and go far, far away!

I have been talking back and forth with my nurse and giving her daily updates. She is optimistic and told us to come to Charleston for another ultrasound next Thursday to make sure everything is okay in there! This is a relief because we won't have to wait and wonder another two weeks. We will also be able to see if the SCH has decreased in size.

Thank you all so much for you positive and reassuring stories about SCH...I have been reading through the blogs you have referred me to and it makes me feel so much better knowing that everything will probably be okay!

I am laying down for the majority of the day, and staying extra hydrated. Andy has been treating me to breakfast in bed every morning, and my parents have been bringing me lunch. I am to call my nurse on Monday with an update, and will hopefully be allowed to go back to work next week if the spotting goes away. Until then, I will stay glued to the bed/couch and catching up on my DVR. Please keep the prayers coming!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Husband of yours sure does sound sweet!

Andy

Jessica said...

Freak!

AnotherDreamer said...

The sludge is totally normal as the SCH bleeds itself out and heals ;) I had a lot of sludge due to the size of mine. Hoping it's a good sign for you. I had my RE/OB give me weekly ultrasounds while we've been dealing with my SCH, with all the spotting/bleeding/sludge it really helped my anxiety. Glad they're getting you in sooner. Good luck and keep taking it easy!

KC said...

Thinking of you!! I just know the babies will be fine!!! Glad to hear the bleeding is darker and slowing down!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...too cute your DH! Anyway, on my knees with hands clasped tight right now!! Praying this is the only scare you get for the rest of the pg.

Anonymous said...

Praying hard for all 4 of you! Love you all bunches!

Lacie said...

So, I just read the post that you submitted for Crème and thought to myself,"I am going to go to the main page of her blog and check in on her. I hope she's pregnant. If she is, this is a very good sign." BAM! TWINS! So sorry about the spotting! That's so stressful! I hope it goes away so that you can relax a little. I am inspired by your story and will be tucking it into my back pocket as my next FET approaches (tent. 8/31).

Anonymous said...

Praying daily for you and your babies and Andy too! I hope to see you soon!

Love you, Ronda

Shanny said...

You and the babies are in my prayers!